Dr. Mercola Spiru-Blue Organic Spirulina with Astaxanthin
Spiru-Blue Organic Spirulina with Astaxanthin is a unique supplement that combines the superfood benefits of Spirulina with the antioxidant powers of Astaxanthin to support brain, eye, cardiovascular, and immune health. This potent combination makes Spiru-Blue the ultimate "brain and body superfood."
Spirulina, the Superfood
Spirulina is a variety of fresh water blue-green algae similar in makeup to sea vegetables such as dulse, kelp, nori, kombu, arame, wakame, and chlorella. However, compared to other sea vegetables, spirulina has been shown to be more easily digestible and have greater nutrient bioavailability.
Spirulina contains up to 70% protein by weight, in addition to a wide array of essential nutrients. Spirulina is a rich source of antioxidants such as carotenoids, vitamin E, and selenium.
Spirulina contains other important phytonutrients, too:
- • Essential fatty acids, including hard-to-find gamma-linoleic acid (GLA) for your heart and joint health
- • Vitamin B12
- • Minerals such as Iron, Magnesium, Calcium, Selenium, and Zinc
- • Sulpholipids and the antioxidant enzyme Superoxide dismutase (SOD) all of which are in a bio-available form
Within spirulina's deep, dark color lies an impressive array of natural pigments.
Green from chlorophyll... blue from phycocyanin... and orange from carotenoids... all collecting and passing along the sun's energy and supporting your healthy, normal growth. In fact, spirulina is one of the highest sources for phytopigments like phycocyanin, beta-carotene, zeaxanthin and other plant pigments.
Spirulina's benefits include:
- • Promoting normal immune response
- • Promoting optimal gastrointestinal flora
- • Supporting optimal digestion
- • Helping to maintain normal blood pressure levels that are already within the normal range
- • Helping to maintain normal blood sugar levels that are already within the normal range
- • Promoting increased seasonal comfort
- • Supporting heavy metal detoxification
- • Promoting optimal cardiovascular health
- • Supporting normal immune system activity
- • Curbing hunger and promoting a feeling of increased energy
Spirulina is especially recognized among scientists for its phycocyanin content, the vibrant phytopigment that gives spirulina its natural bluish tint. Studies have shown that phycocyanin may support brain and heart health, protect against oxidative stress, and promote a healthy immune system. Phycocyanin may play a role in stem cell regneration. Pycocyanin is found only in Spirulina.
Dr. Mercola’s organic spirulina is:
- • Low in heavy metals, yeast and mold
- • Grown without Chilean nitrate, manure, or synthetic minerals
- • Non-GMO and non-irradiated
- • Free from herbicides, pesticides and ground water contamination
- • Gluten-free and produced without chemicals
- • Grown with only natural herbal fertilizers and pure, artesian groundwater
Spirulina meets Astaxanthin
As near-perfect as spirulina may be, it does lack one key carotenoid. That missing carotenoid is astaxanthin. Spiru-Blue combines certified organic spirulina with a very special form of astaxanthin.
Astaxanthin, the Antioxidant
Astaxanthin is an antioxidant carotenoid that is naturally found in salmon and other ocean plants and animals with a reddish color. The rosy glow associated with flamingos, lobsters, krill, and shrimp can be attributed to astaxanthin. Studies are showing that astaxanthin may be able to reduce blood pressure and improve cognitive abilities; support joint health, mobility, and flexibility; support the cardiovascular and central nervous system; support a healthy immune response, and support eye health.
It is the antioxidant and antiflammatory effects of astaxanthin that makes it the "King" of the carotenoids; astaxanthin's ability to scavenge free radicals in your body is up to...
- • 550 times more powerful than vitamin E
- • 65 times more powerful than vitamin C
- • 54 times more powerful than beta-carotene
- • 5 times more powerful than lutein
Spiru-Blue, the ultimate brain and body superfood
Spiru-Blue is the superfood supplement for anyone wanting:
- • Brain health support
- • Oxidative stress support
- • Eye health support
- • Cardiovascular support
- • Immune function support
- • Support for a healthy immune response
- • Seasonal comfort support
- • Detoxification support
- • Weight support
Dr. Mercola only uses astaxanthin that is 100% natural, non-GMO, untouched by chemical solvents, and free from impurities and residues.
Spiru-Blue is blue on the outside, green on the inside, but tastes like vanilla! Spiru-blue has a unique, blue phycocyanin outer coating from organic spirulina, giving you an added boost to support brain and heart health, help protect against oxidative stress, and to promote a healthy immune system. Inside this blue tablet is green organic spirulina. But you won't taste any algae flavors with this supplement; each tablet contains a natural vanilla flavor and scent.
120 tablets per bottle, 30 day supply.
About Dr Mercola, the company
Dr. Joseph Mercola is on a mission to bring people practical solutions to their health problems. As an osteopathic physician, Dr. Mercola practices a "whole person" approach to medicine, focusing on preventative health care. Dr. Mercola extensively researches and promotes premium, all-natural whole-food based products that provide broad spectrum health benefits.
Dr. Mercola focuses as much on what you put in your body as what you put on it. He offers all natural hair care, sunscreens, and oral care products in addition to his supplements, such as probiotics, multi-vitamins, and antioxidants, and whole-foods and teas. Dr. Mercola offers products for the entire family, including kids and even non-toxic products for your pet's good health as well. Dr. Mercola is an advocate for a dietary and lifestyle approach to health, and is dedicated to bringing you the products that will optimize the health of your entire family.
In addition to being a licensed DO, Dr. Mercola is also board certified in family medicine, and served as the chairman of the family medicine department at St. Alexius Medical center for 5 years, and is a member of the Association of American Physicians and Surgeons.
Dr. Mercola was voted the 2009 Ultimate Wellness Game Changer by the Huffington Post, and has been featured in TIME magazine, LA Times, CNN, Fox News, ABC News, Today Show, CBS’s Washington Unplugged with Sharyl Attkisson, and other major media resources. Dr. Mercola is the author of several books, including The No-Grain Diet (with Alison Rose Levy), a New York Times Bestseller.