Dr. Mercola Miracle Whey Protein in Vanilla or Chocolate
Every day your body faces a range of stressors that constantly challenge your health and wellbeing, everything from daily tensions to physical activity to your diet can strain your body's natural balance. Stress, aging and exercise -- especially overtraining -- can break down your body's defenses.
That's where Miracle Whey comes in. Made from all-natural grass fed cows' whey, Miracle Whey provides more of nature's nutrients. Plus, it's certified GMO-, pesticide, and chemical-free, protecting you from ingesting chemicals and hormones.
Miracle Whey is a one of the most nutritionally complete, all-natural protein products available.
- • Rich glutamic acid and branch chain amino acids; which aid muscle-building and recovery
- • Contains 25% or more glycomacropeptides for immune support, high energy, muscle building, and recovery
- • Promotes satiety, feelings of fullness
- • Contains beta glucans, so you can be sure that your immune system is getting the boost it needs
- • Contains water-soluble fiber, which supports healthy blood sugar levels and prebiotic properties
Guaranteed to please your palate, this fantastic tasting protein mix is power-packed with the complete spectrum of amino acids your body needs for quick muscle recovery after a brisk workout. Plus, because you need extra amino acids as you age, Mercola Miracle Whey Protein Powder gives your body the extra boost of nutritional energy it needs.
Why Choose Miracle Whey?
Dr. Mercola Miracle Whey is ideal for those seeking an immune supporting protein powder. The high-quality whey protein in Miracle Whey supports glutathione production, an antioxidant that protects cells from free radical damage.
Frequently Asked Questions about Miracle Whey Protein
- Where does Miracle Whey Protein come from? What safety measures are used in manufacturing it?
- Miracle Whey is derived from Wisconsin grass fed cows. It is a by-product of raw milk cheese (cheddar) production-- known for its high safety and quality manufacturing regulations that are required to grant a good tasting, high quality aged cheese. The whey’s processing and safety measures are done in accordance with the FDA’s GMP guidelines.
- Are the cows antibiotics free?
- Does it contain casein? Can people who are allergic or sensitive to casein use it?
- Miracle Whey contains no casein. It can be used by casein sensitive people.
- Is Miracle Whey a complete protein?
- Yes. Miracle Whey contains the full spectrum of amino acids, thus making it a complete protein.
- Is it safe for pregnant women or nursing mothers to use?
- It is certainly safe for pregnant and nursing mothers.
- Is Miracle Whey gluten free?
- It is 100% gluten free, manufactured in a gluten free facility.
- Does Miracle Whey go through a pasteurization process? What temperature is it processed at?
- Miracle Whey is processed via low heat micro-filtration which partially replaces heat pasteurization. The whey is forced through ceramic micro-filters that trap virtually all microbial elements in the milk – yielding a microbial free safe product which sustains all fragile whey components. The raw milk is heated to 70˚C for a brief 15 seconds and then cooled down to 5˚C for the remaining processing.
- Are the cows grass fed?
- The cows are 100% grass fed.
- How do you make it?
- You can mix it with water or milk until reaching your desired consistency – pudding or milk shake. For a milk shake consistency, use 6 oz milk or water with 8 oz ice. Put in a blender and enjoy.
- The Miracle Whey powder can also be eaten (chewed) directly from the canister.
- Is Miracle Whey isolate protein or whey concentrate?
- Whey concentrate.
- Can people who are allergic or sensitive to milk use this product?
- Miracle Whey is low in lactose. Generally, it can be tolerated by the average lactose sensitive person. People who are allergic or sensitive to milk may need to consult with their health practitioner before using any dairy product including whey.
- What type(s) of sweetener(s) is/are used in this product?
- The product is naturally sweetened with Lo-han, a non-glycemic fruit extract.
- Is it made using pasteurized or raw milk?
- Miracle Whey is derived from raw, non-homogenized milk.
- Are any of the ingredients from China? If so, can you comment on the safety/ purity?
- The sweetener Lo-Han Kuo is a dried fruit extract native to southern China. The Lo-Han powder is carefully extracted through a method of filtering and drying that separates all impurities – yielding a product free of chemicals, heavy metals, fiber or microbial components. Preliminary toxicological studies on animals showed that Lo-Han extract is highly safe even in extremely high dosages (of over 10g/kg body weight)
- Is it safe for lacto-vegetarians?
- The Whey mix is perfectly suited for Lacto-vegetarians. The product contains only natural occurring nutrients with no animal amino acids or by-products added.
- Are the amino acids Branch Chain Amino Acids, peptide bonded amino acids…?
- The Branch-Chain Amino Acids are peptide bonded as they naturally occur in the whey.
- Are there any wheat, nut, or soy products used in manufacturing? Is it manufactured in a facility that makes other products with these ingredients?
- The product is free of wheat and soy. It is manufactured in a facility that is wheat free, but occasionally uses nuts and soy lecithin.
- What is the shelf life of Miracle Whey?
- 2 years
- What is the proper storage temperature?
- Room temperature (70˚ F) or refrigeration
Allergen Information: All Miracle Whey flavors contain dairy and lecithin derived from GM free sunflower seeds. Manufactured in the same facility as peanut containing products.
Suggested use: Mix two scoops (40g) 8oz with water or milk until desired consistency is reached. May be taken two to three times daily.
Vanilla Flavor Ingredients: Defense Nutrition Whey Protein Concentrate, Maltodextrin (from corn), Organic Nonfat Dry Milk, Organic Sweet Whey, Larch Fiber, Sunflower Seed Lecithin, Natural Vanilla Flavor, Medium Chain Triglycerides, Guar Gum, Natural Caramel Flavor, Luo Han Guo Juice concentrate (for sweetness).
Chocolate Flavor Ingredients: Defense Nutrition Whey Protein Concentrate, Maltodextrin (from corn), Organic Nonfat Dry Milk, Organic Sweet Whey, Larch Fiber, Sunflower Seed Lecithin, Natural Chocolate Flavor, Medium Chain Triglycerides, Guar Gum, Natural Caramel Flavor, Luo Han Guo Juice concentrate (for sweetness).
1 lb (454g) container. Serving size: 2 scoops; servings per container: 11.
About Dr Mercola, the company
Dr. Joseph Mercola is on a mission to bring people practical solutions to their health problems. As an osteopathic physician, Dr. Mercola practices a "whole person" approach to medicine, focusing on preventative health care. Dr. Mercola extensively researches and promotes premium, all-natural whole-food based products that provide broad spectrum health benefits.
Dr. Mercola focuses as much on what you put in your body as what you put on it. He offers all natural hair care, sunscreens, and oral care products in addition to his supplements, such as probiotics, multi-vitamins, and antioxidants, and whole-foods and teas. Dr. Mercola offers products for the entire family, including kids and even non-toxic products for your pet's good health as well. Dr. Mercola is an advocate for a dietary and lifestyle approach to health, and is dedicated to bringing you the products that will optimize the health of your entire family.
In addition to being a licensed DO, Dr. Mercola is also board certified in family medicine, and served as the chairman of the family medicine department at St. Alexius Medical center for 5 years, and is a member of the Association of American Physicians and Surgeons.
Dr. Mercola was voted the 2009 Ultimate Wellness Game Changer by the Huffington Post, and has been featured in TIME magazine, LA Times, CNN, Fox News, ABC News, Today Show, CBS’s Washington Unplugged with Sharyl Attkisson, and other major media resources. Dr. Mercola is the author of several books, including The No-Grain Diet (with Alison Rose Levy), a New York Times Bestseller.