Dr. Mercola's New and Improved Complete Probiotics packs 70 billion "gut-friendly" bacteria in every (2 capsule) serving, promotes an optimal environment for the growth of good bacteria, provides critical support for your immune system health, aids in the breakdown and removal of harmful toxins, and helps maintain blood pressure levels in the normal range. Available in 60 and 180 capsules.
Probiotics can have a profound effect, not only on your GI tract, but for your overall health. The digestive system plays an important role to your immune system; without a healthy digestive tract your immune system would not be able to manage the many pathogens you are exposed to during the course of the day. Up to 80% of our immune system is located in our digestive tract.
Probiotics introduce friendly bacteria, or microflora, to our gastrointestinal tract. These microflora protect us from harmful bacteria, yeasts, and viruses. Occassionally, the harmful bacteria, yeasts or virusus will overwhelm our intestines, and we become ill. Exposure to chlorinated drinking water, prescription antibiotics, and excess sugar or alchohol in our diet can all effect the delicate balance between good and bad bacteria in our system.
Dr. Mercola Complete Probiotics has two highly-researched strains of beneficial bacteria -- Lactobacillus and Bifidobacterium. Plus, it adds multiple highly beneficial strains to give added support to your digestive system.
Each power-packed dose of Complete Probiotics:
Here's a breakdown of the 10 specific beneficial bacteria strains in Complete Probiotics to deliver health-promoting benefits...
• Lactobacillus acidophilus DDS-1 - An extraordinary superstrain of human origin; it works exceptionally well in your GI tract.
• Lactobacillus casei - Works with other helpful organisms, and helps to encourage the growth of other beneficial bacteria.
• Lactobacillus plantarum - Has been shown to be resistant to low pH conditions and able to survive bile concentrations in your intestine.
• Lactobacillus salivarius - Promotes intestinal health and helps support your oral health as well.
• Lactobacillus rhamnosus - Assists your elimination and occasional intestinal discomfort by working to promote healthy intestinal microflora.
• Lactobacillus brevis- Beneficial lactic acid bacteria that helps support your GI tract.
• Bifidobacterium lactis- A friendly bacteria often found in raw yogurt known to help support healthy immune responses.
• Bifidobacterium longum- Helps keep your digestive system running smoothly, and helps support your immune system.
• Bifidobacterium bifidum- Helps promote a healthy balance of flora in your intestine.* This organism provides excellent support for a healthy balance of microflora.
• Streptococcus thermophilus- High potency culture that helps maintain normal intestinal flora in your gut.
Note about Shipping/Storing: According to the manufacturer, these probiotics are cold-pressed, and the bottle used is specially formulated to keep the product fresh and able to ship all year round. Room temperature stable for 2 years. Refrigeration recommended.
Contains no dairy, lactose, wheat, gluten, soy, corn, eggs, yeast, sugar, artificial flavors or preservatives, or genetically modified ingredients.
60 or 180 capsules.
Dr. Joseph Mercola is on a mission to bring people practical solutions to their health problems. As an osteopathic physician, Dr. Mercola practices a "whole person" approach to medicine, focusing on preventative health care. Dr. Mercola extensively researches and promotes premium, all-natural whole-food based products that provide broad spectrum health benefits.
Dr. Mercola focuses as much on what you put in your body as what you put on it. He offers all natural hair care, sunscreens, and oral care products in addition to his supplements, such as probiotics, multi-vitamins, and antioxidants, and whole-foods and teas. Dr. Mercola offers products for the entire family, including kids and even non-toxic products for your pet's good health as well. Dr. Mercola is an advocate for a dietary and lifestyle approach to health, and is dedicated to bringing you the products that will optimize the health of your entire family.
In addition to being a licensed DO, Dr. Mercola is also board certified in family medicine, and served as the chairman of the family medicine department at St. Alexius Medical center for 5 years, and is a member of the Association of American Physicians and Surgeons.
Dr. Mercola was voted the 2009 Ultimate Wellness Game Changer by the Huffington Post, and has been featured in TIME magazine, LA Times, CNN, Fox News, ABC News, Today Show, CBS’s Washington Unplugged with Sharyl Attkisson, and other major media resources. Dr. Mercola is the author of several books, including The No-Grain Diet (with Alison Rose Levy), a New York Times Bestseller.
|Proprietary Probiotic Blend containing:||800mg|
|Lactobacillus acidophilus DDS-1|
I love Dr. Mercola Probiotics. I have found they are some of the most potent on the market. More CFU's then anything I have seen. I notice a huge difference w/ my digestion and I cannot go a day without taking them. I notice them working within 2 hours of taking them and let me tell you that's relief when you need it. Foods are more tolerated now and I will always recommend this product to EVERYONE. It is more expensive then others on the market but worth every penny. (Posted on 11/15/12)
I'm a probiotic junkie and have tried many that are on the market today. This one by far exceeds my expectations. Very happy with this, pricey but worth it. (Posted on 11/15/12)