Bio-Kult Advanced Probiotic - 120 Capsules
Bio-Kult is a unique multispecies, multistrain probiotic with 14 strains of beneficial bacteria. This means that Bio-Kult can deliver high concentrations of beneficial bacteria to the colonisation sites in the gut – and therefore be able to help a more diverse range of digestive disorders
The beneficial bacteria in Bio-Kult are micro-encapsulated during the freeze drying process, which gives two main benefits:
- • They are protected from the harsh acid environment of the stomach and are therefore able to colonise the full length of the gastrointestinal tract.
- • The process allows Bio-Kult to be stored at room temperature without the need for refrigeration.
Bio-Kult Advanced Probiotic was formulated by a team of doctors, including Gut and Psychology Syndrome author Dr. Campbell McBride, and is recommended for those on the GAPS Nutritional Program. The GAPS program for digestive healing includes Diet, Supplementation, and Detoxification and life-style changes.
The number one essential supplement for GAPS patients is an effective therapeutic strength probiotic.
Guidelines for general use:
- • 1 - 2 capsules once or twice daily with food. If taking two or more capsules daily, you may wish to split the dose between two meals.
- • If you are taking antibiotics. Take 4 capsules daily, ideally at a different time of the day from the antibiotics. Continue taking for at least 2 weeks after completition of the antibiotic course.
- • For travelers 1 week before travel follow guidelines for general use. During travel take 4 capsules daily. Continue to take for at least 1 weeks following the end of travel.
- • Children under 12 - half adult dose. Or as recommended by your doctor or healthcare practitioner.
- • Bio-Kult is completely safe, has no contraindications and carries no risk of overdose.
- • Bio-Kult capsules can be pulled apart and the contents sprinkled on to food, mixed in a drink or swallowed whole.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is Bio-Kult suitable for vegetarians?
Bio-Kult Probiotics does not contain any meat-based materials and is enclosed in a vegetable capsule.
What is the concentration of Bio-Kult?
10 billion CFU/gram, which equates to 2 billion per capsule.
Can Bio-Kult be taken during pregnancy?
Bio-Kult contains naturally occurring beneficial microorganisms which have been previously shown to be safe to take during pregnancy. However, we would always recommend that advice should be sought from your GP/Health Care Practitioner whenever taking supplements.
Is there any situation when Bio-Kult should not be taken?
Bio-Kult should be prescribed at the discretion of the Health Care Practitioner for pregnant women, milk allergies, and in cases of immunosuppression.
I’m lactose intolerant. Can I take Bio-Kult?
Bio-Kult contains probiotic strains that have been shown to produce lactase, the enzyme needed to break down lactose, which is usually lacking in people intolerant to lactose. Bio-Kult contains traces of milk products at a level which would not affect lactose intolerance sufferers.
I have an allergy to milk. Can I take Bio-Kult?
Bio-Kult contains traces of milk that would not affect lactose intolerant sufferers, but if you have an allergy to milk, we would suggest you talk to your practitioner before taking Bio-Kult.
Are there any side effects from taking Bio-Kult?
Bio-Kult contains a high concentration of beneficial microorganisms. If there is a pathogenic overload in your gut, and you start off with a high dose of Bio-Kult, in a small number of people a ‘die-off’ side effect, such as bloating, may be experienced for a few days.
About Bio-Kult, the company
Bio-Kult was developed by Dr. Natasha Campbell McBride, author of Gut and Psychology Syndrome. The Gut and Psychology Syndrome (GAPS) Nutritional Program has been developed to create a full protocol for healing digestive disorders and subsequent issues.
Dr. Natash Campbell-McBride holds degrees in both Neurology and Human Nutrition. She specializes in nutrition for children and adults with behavioral and learning disabilities, and adults with digestive and immune system disorders.
The basis of Dr. Campbell McBrides work on digestive health and overall health is that the link between learning disabilities, the food and drink that we consume, and the condition of our digestive system is absolute and interconnected.
The GAPS Nutritional Program includes:
- • Diet
- • Supplementation
- • Detoxification and Lifestyle changes
The number one essential supplement for GAPS patients is an effective and therapeutic strength probiotic.
Dr. Campbell McBride and the team of doctors that developed Bio-Kult created a unique probiotic with a high concentration of beneficial bacteria. Bio-Kult was developed specifically to meet Dr. Campbell McBride's guidelines for a good probiotic, which are:
- • A good probiotic should have as many different species of beneficial bacteria as possible
- • A mixture of strains from different groups of probiotic bacteria is more beneficial than just one group.
- • A good probiotic should have a concentrated amount of bacteria, at least 8 billion cells of bacteria per gram
- • The manufacturer of the probiotic should test every batch for strength and bacterial composition and be prepared to publish the results
Bio-Kult is doctor developed and GAPS compliant to restore intestinal balance and nourish digestive healing.